Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Default Creel Census

I dont believe there is a report ,a long time Sawt member told me they did creel census while fishing the tourneys , all info went to Clayton , Lethbridge .
Where is that info published
My father would say

All young men think old men are fools , but all Old men Know young men are fools ....

When I post something on here there is very little that isnt grounded in fact.
And the fact is that today this fishery is in good shape and shouldnt be managed at the whim of a small group of people. The proof is that myself and other board members catch a pile of fish of varying year classes evry time we go out , all over the lake ...close that spillway if you want to take a bite out of the abuse .

So lets get those govt reports on the Travers condition posted on here .
Lets invite someone from the regulatory body to come on here and inform us .

I am not discrediting the fact that all these reservoir fisheries are fragile ,
That is why we need an AO fund to commission our own investigations and reports ....If you are allowed to keep fish , then there is always the possibility that a closed body of water can be fished out ... then what.
With our strong walleye stocking policy in alberta we have very little to worry about

Dont lose sight of the fact that the nuts&berries ,all natural , metro whatever will tell you that there is nothing like the fight of a walleye
to get your juices flowing.Its all about the experience....well my legal experience has alot of sizzle in it. I am all for insuring good year classes
because , I put back very few 20-25 " fish..And again seeing Justin C.
post , all the fish I have kept out of that creek in May and June are packed with shiners .This is a prime feeding area...

Our next discussion will be on CVR...where have all the walleyes gone....?