View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Those big ones(35+ inch) have stayed healthy because they feed on the whites, small walleye and perch of which there has always still been lots of available.

The skinny ones are the small ones that compete with the walleye for minnows.

The reason there are fewer big pike now is a mixture of C&R mortality, natural mortality and that there are very few small pike growing to be big pike(in other words you used to catch more big pike because they were continuously being produced whereas now a guy has to rely on catching the odd big pike that was a big pike 3 years ago like this one would have been).

Glad to see there are still a few left, it will be interesting to see what happens with the regs next year considering the new survey. Unfortunately I had to use the other option to voice my opinion of walleye slay so the trophy pike fishery can come back lol.
Just look at the head on Jeffs small pike that he got on the topwater! It had a head like a 3 or 4 pounder but the body of a 1 pound fish! Kind of sad really.

I was sure to let them know using all 200 available characters that I think they need to at minimum allow tags for Walleye on Wab or a limit of 1 similar to Buck. The lake is absolutely full of Eyes. Me and Jeff caught over 60 stunted walleye in just one afternoon of fishing earlier in october. Only one out of 60 was 25". Textbook over population, and the pike are suffering! Maybe a slot size of 45 to 55 CM?