View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Just thought I would provide an update on the early trials of my Tactacams

I have been really impressed so far, but as sportsman said, the proof will be battery life over the next couple of months.

Pros:
- really impressed with the signal of these cameras. I have 3 Spypoint link micros, set them up in areas where there are 2-3 bars of service on my phone and the micros will hardly transmit a picture (even with the extended wire and antenna up further in the tree). Set up the Tactacam and I am getting full bars 4g service. Unreal difference!
- quality of pictures is really good, see both day and night pics above. Very little blur in the night pics which really impressed me.
- customer service, have had a few questions issues( see below) and they have been quick to get back to me

Cons:
- probably my biggest issue is the photo plans. I set my first camera up in an area where i will leave it out all year, so got a full year plan. When I went to set up my second camera, it automatically signed me up for a full year plan. I sent tactacam a message and unfortunately that’s the way it is for now, cannot set up different plans for different cams.
- second issue I have had is the ability to change settings through the app. I would prefer to get pictures twice daily to save battery life. No matter how many times I try to change this setting in the app, it still sends me pictures at every trigger. This is pretty minor, but still wish it worked.

Will try to update over the next 6-8 months as we go through fall and winter and cold weather on battery life and camera performance.

DR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk