View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 06:56 AM

Ok cell cams have my interest but have not taken the leap yet. I have experience with basic trail cams and have learned they are far from equal. I learned many of the brands that are recommended provided great pics but miss animals by either no pic at all or slow trigger giving a pic without an animal. I did not realize how bad some were till I started mounting 2 different brands on the same tree to compare. This makes me hesitant to try new brands because capturing a pic of the animal is what matters to me not getting pretty pics of half the animals that pass through

Reports from a friend I trust regarding the spy points are less then stellar compared to what some are saying. But he actually did comparison tests and I know most don’t. I have written these off as an option

So 2 questions

Have you tested the tactacam against against other cams to be sure it is not missing pics of animals from being too slow or not sensing them at all? They all miss the odd animal but some cams are worse then other

What is the min cell service needed? Most my locations run from 2bars LTE to 1bar 3g

Pic quality is low on my list of needs and it seems most focus on this and battery life but talk little about other issues important to cam use