View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:59 PM

I am originally from BC and as such am a die-hard Canuck fan. It is a horrible condition to have, somewhat similar to an STD that can't be cured. A burning pain that returns every year and there is no over-the-counter cream to make it feel better.

They are predicted to be horrible this year and I wouldn't have it any other way. I understand, especially after the disgusting crash at the end of last season, how so many reporters and fans could perceive them as being so weak but I'm actually pretty happy with what they have this year. They won the NW 2 years ago (albeit with the most boring hockey imaginable) and on paper they are just as good now with plenty of cap space if any deals present themselves. If their D stay healthy and Luongo plays to his potential, I predict they will surprise some people and make the playoffs.

Anyway, thanks for starting the thread BB. Definitely looking forward to the razzing that will take place in this thread over the coming months. You can expect me to show up on here after most of the Canuck wins, which means you might not hear from me much.