View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Welcome Beeguy! always nice to have a new member join.

If your comments about poaching while fishing are in anyway directed towards me and the incident I had the other day with some poachers at the lake I frequent, I stand by my actions 100%.......as would most members of this forum.

The persons that I had a chat with the other day are not strangers to the area and quite often "get away" with things when others turn the blind eye. There was only one of me and 3 of them and they knew they were doing wrong because they packed up and left.......they didn't even try to defend their actions because the KNEW they were in the wrong.....I asked the guy how big 63 cms was and buy his approximation with his hands he knew how big they were supposed to be yet they had 3 dead fish under that size on shore.

Here are the pics I took......

When I spoke with the F&W Officer I did not leave out any details and he THANKED me for collecting the information and having a chat with the guys keeping under sized fish. He told me they are severely understaffed in the area and that they need other sportsman to be diligent.

As for the race thing related to this incident you will notice I did not mention it but was asked about it and I told the truth about my particular observations........we will leave it at that.

Sometimes enough is enough.......end rant.

You will also read another post in which 10 days before the season I saw some people fishing in the same area I was the other day. I pulled in and politely told them that fishing was not open for another 10 days They reeled in their lines and said "Thanks for letting us know! we had no idea!" and we went our separate ways.

I think different circumstance call for different measures. I am also educated and originally wanted to work in Fish and Wildlife, but I found a new passion in the Environment and I studied and graduated from an Environmental Monitoring and Enforcement Program here in Alberta. So to let you know I have no "John Wayne" attitude but I have a passion for the resources in this great province I was born in.

Lefty

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 05-29-2011 at 09:32 AM.