View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Banned

And people are going to beat this to death, round and round she goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I spoke with a cop I know last week, he says he has studied the evidence very closely and he feels the jury totally made the right decision regardless of any goof-ups from Crown witnesses. Says the evidence for it being an accidental shooting was very strong. I hope the man comes out with a fat bank account for all he has been through. He and his wife went to bed as normal that night, not knowing their lives would be forever altered. Ironically, this cop grew up on a farm 6 miles away. His dad is still on the farm and the stories of the crime they are subjected to is ridiculous. With everything I heard, I can understand why his guns were not locked up. He does not deserve to lose firearm privileges for 10 years. The law may say otherwise, and he will have to live with that, but he doesn't deserve it. There is a difference. That's my two cents.

This is truth. Stanley probably got the best possible outcome of a bad situation. He should never have been in that situation, but it's in the past now.

Stanley killed a man, doesn't matter what the reasons are now, it's something he's going to have to live with for the rest of his life. I wouldn't want that on my conscience, he probably doesn't either. Give the man a break.