View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:26 AM

I realize that this is a one year old post on the 325, but did enjoy the info shared by the "boys with blasting toys". I was set to buy one last winter and went to Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary and couldn't find anything in a left hand bolt. So I picked up a Savage, stainless / composite stock, with the drop down floor plate bullet release. It's a decent shooter with federal 180 soft points. Unfortunately I did end up seeing a 325 Savage in Left hand some months later. Oh yea, I've always found Browning rifles seems to lean towards a lighter production rifle then some of the other gun companies, but most that I've shot have been decent enough to be considered something I'd take in the field. One of the posters here mentioned that the 180 grainers didn't shoot well in his 325 BLR. I seen the same problem with a 300 WM Savage bolt action that really liked 200 grainers and shot them like a dream. So sometimes bullet weight itself makes a real big difference, and powder charges, primers etc can narrow add some decent accuracy too.