Thread: Wiau Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush View Post
If a person loves fishing and the wilderness then that person lives out there.

If a person loves having neighbors and hanging around a crowded mall then that person lives in .
With all respect I must disagree. And I'll give you my reasons.

I love wilderness and nature but I do not live in the country any longer for reasons partly beyond my control. Spent years of my life out of the city. Did not want to move to the city. But life events forced me to do what I thought I would never do. And I have adjusted. But given my first choice I would live in the country again because that's what I love.

And second, even though I live in the city I take no joy in having neighbors mere feet from me. Many grief's come about when people get packed tight together. Personally, I'd rather have space but can't achieve that existence so I do what I must. People don't live in cities just so they can have neighbors. I NEVER hang out at the mall (but I have been inside one: very rarely) despite living 20 minutes from a big one. I stay away from them with all my might.

So it's not so cut and dried. A lot of people who live in a city or town do really love nature. And people don't move to a city or town because they love neighbors and malls. I wish we all could live in our ideal environment, but often we don't.