View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Between my son and I we've taken 7 deer with GMX bullets over the last 3 years,80gr .243 for him,165gr .30-06 for me,,no complaints wutsoever,most were pass thrus but did recover 2 bullets,one in an off shoulder,the other in a hip from a head on chest shot,both were 95% + weight retention.
Mind you,all but one of those deer were less then 200 yards so relatively high impact velocities.
I'd have no issues using either with confidence out to 500y with 2000fps give er take being the rule of thumb for minimum impact velocity.....which is a good 100 farther then I've ever shot any deer in nearly 40 years of hunting,lol,so yea,they do just fine for my liking.

If I was loading up for a hunt where there was a reasonably good chance of needing to take a shot at 500+,ie;maybe a mountain hunt or bald ass Prairie Mulies or antelope wutever,I'd opt for something more frangible with great BCs like the ELD-X probably.....but again....I've never had to shoot past 400 in my life and could count the deer I've shot beyond 300 on one hand soooo...not too concerned about it.