View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Zip, great job on the report. Those are scary ice conditions on Sylvan. Not something I have an interest in chancing for sure so thanks for that.

Gull sounds like it is alright. I think I'll be out there next weekend. Hopefully not too much flood water.

Pigeon has 6 inches. Found some ice ridges where the two parts separated and paper thin ice in between. It is visible for those that know what to look for. Hopefully someone doesn't drive a skidoo or quad over these areas. Otherwise it is forming nicely and should be good to for skidoos in a couple of weeks. Some skidoo tracks near shore but didn't look like they ventured out which is smart. Moron drove a truck on at Johnsonia ...within 30 feet of shore where there is little water but still a dumb move. The group had a 2 wheel quad out.

It is going to be a slow start this year.

Scott did all the heavy lifting/hauling/drilling today .... that acknowledged, he told me to go first & test the ice, the steel spud bar was my/our insurance policy, we backed up and took a wider path to get out on Sunbreaker, we both felt the ice cracking and sinking a few times, we agreed we won't be fishin this area in the next 2 weeks. We plan to try the Norglenwold or RR23 on opening day, then Gull later in the week.

D.

See ...