View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
What is the biggest factors? Fire suppression, high predator numbers, climate change and I'm sure there is others.

Could horses be a factor on the YaHa? I'd say no! And if you would like to say I'm wrong take me up on my offer to go out there and show me. I've posted video of out there with zero horse sign and I'm not scared to show people or go have people show me where I'm missing the facts is. But not to many will accept the offer lol.

Could there be a disease issue. Highly unlikely as no horses or wild life have been noted in any of the west country as looking sick or guys finding animals that are dieing of disease.
So it's your OPINION that horses are not to blame. No FACTS to back that up. Just like everyone else.

Would take you up on your offer but don't live down there anymore.

Have I seen sign of horses in the west country? Absolutely. Is it the only cause of the elk decline? Of course not. Could it be part of the problem? I'd say yes. (see what I did there)

Now let us take one of your pictures.

I see over grazing and wallowing. Guess there is some impact from these animals.

Livestock belong behind a fence. I would say the same thing about cattle on ranges as well.