View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Everyones macros will be different "real keto" is not just 1 set of macros for everyone in the world. Calories do make a different hence why the keto gains calculator is so successful and popular. You stick to the macros on it and you will lose wait. You can pick if you want to maintain, lose fat or build muscle and it calculates it all. It gets harder to lose the closer you get to your goal weight. Excess protein will be converted to glucose, then you are running on glucose instead of fat. Excess protein will be converted to glucose then you are running on glucose instead of fat. It gets harder to lose as you get down to that last 10lbs.

161 protein
110 fat (fat you do not have to meet, just helps satisfy and feel satiated)
20 carbs

calories 1714

it changes as I lose weight but I dropped 44lbs in 2 months with working out and following the macros and have the most energy I have ever had in my life.
Didn't mean to offend anyone there. The protocol I follow is a lot higher calories. You can't keep your insulin levels low eating 100g of carbs. The protocol I follow is to keep calories at or above your total dietary energy expendidure and to keep insulin low and glucagon high. After being on this for a while I can have a slip day and eat 200g of carbs and still be back above 0.5mmol/L keytones by noon. Yes, everyone's macros will be different but in the protocol I follow 80g is max for men, 50g for women. A person just has to try different things and see what works best for them.

My macros are as follows:

2600 calories minimum (ususally around 3000)

20g carbs
max 80g protein
+/- 270g fat

No I do not stick to this religiously but when I do I have much more energy and the fat and inflammation comes off real fast. If I stall I eat more, not less.

Last edited by Skytop B; 02-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.