View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
So is it a general consensus that you’ll lose more calories with a Keto diet or a caloric restricted diet? When it all comes down to it, isn’t calories in vs calories out the best way to lose weight?

I’m tracking my food with an app on my iPhone. To lose 2lbs per week I can eat around 2400 calories per day. I couple that with intermittent fasting and a guy can pretty much eat what he wants but I’m more Keto leaning. Try to limit my carbs just cause they take up more of my caloric budget. But I don’t beat myself up if I eat too many. For example, today I had a couple espressos for breakfast, a bran muffin and a couple peanut butter energy balls my wife makes for lunch. For supper, I ate bout 600g of pork loin cooked Greek style with some sous vide carrots finished in butter. I’m at 1400 calories for the day and have about 1000 to spare if I want desert (or could’ve hd a bigger breakfast or lunch). Down about 15 lbs since Jan 7 (mostly water weight I’m sure). It’s all about portion control in my opinion.
You are right about portion control and calories.If you reduce the amount of calories you are regularly eating every day and exercise more you will absolutely lose weight.Its all about making better choices when eating.You can still eat those terrible carbs that everyone is so worried about and lose weight.If you eat all foods and cut back on sweets you will not have those terrible cravings that leads everyone to fail.That does not mean eat away on cakes,donuts etc.Its ok to have one Timbit just not 20.