View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked07 View Post
So far this year I have personally lost over 50% of fish due to barbless through the ice and I'm damn sick of it!!! This whole mortalilty issue is for the birds, I don't recall seeing dead fish floating everywhere when barbs were legal so what gives? Common scenario this winter; fish all day for Lakers and finally get a hit, bring'em up to the hole and bam he spits it out. Yes, my hooks are sharp and yes I think I will be going back to good 'ol barbs with my snippers in my pocket at the ready, damn, I just lost my hook sir?!
U could try this: Hook urself through the tongue or deep inside ur throat with a barbless hook....yank out....let heal....then try the same with a barbed hook (make sure to get er all the way through and deep)...yank out....let heal....then tell us the results...if u can still talk?
This is an open n shut case for me. Barbed hooks do damage. The reason u don't see fish floating from this is bcuz they become defenseless in the water and simply become prey to bigger fish thus makin them an easy meal. Another reason u don't see fish floating from this is bcuz barbless is a darn good law, and i like to think, and have seen, most people follow it. Don't join the darkside young Skywalker, remain barbless, for fish sakes