View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
jrs

That will be an awesome new store to stop by.

This thread just made me think of something i came up with while down at Cabelas. Every year a rumor goes around that ones opening in Alberta and a guy down there behind the counter mentioned it. Anyway, we were considering buying this meat grinder that was on sale, a guy went and checked the back and said they were out of stock. He recommended we order one and pick it up the next week. We said that wouldn't work because we were from Alberta. He pipes and and says "I got some good news for you, we're opening one right by you". I kind of got excited and then my Dad mentioned to the guy the only one on there web page scheduled for construction is in Montreal. The guy just said "Well that's gotta be a lot closer than this one for you".
Right there i figured out where half these rumors come from. We went back the Sunday morning and the store was empty so i got talking to some fly fishing guys (i was buying up half the supplies so they came for a chat). They asked where i was from, i said southern Alberta, they said something like "that's awesome, I'd love to go fishing for salmon and steelhead up there someday". Anyway, it was my first experience with a large group of people having no knowledge about the part of this world I'm from (i don't travel much).