View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
I have to ask how many people a year are getting shot by those that have no clue as you put it just asking because I like to know .
Some stats you might appreciate. I presume you're looking for some sort of starting point to this so you can state your case but as someone already stated...one accident or death is too many. Idiots employing hunting practices like I started the discussion with are part of the problem. So are those that cross fences with loaded guns in their hands. So are those that do not properly identify their target or have no idea what might be downrange when they shoot.

"The International Hunter Education Association gathers hunting related data including the number of people killed and injured in hunting accidents each year. According to their reports, approximately 1,000 people in the US and Canada are accidentally shot by hunters every year, and just under a hundred of those accidents are fatalities. Although most victims are hunters, some non-hunters are also killed or injured each year"

If you're looking to say "some WITH a clue cause accidents as well" I'd agree with you. People make mistakes and accidents happen but shooting down a roadway? That's deliberately freekin clueless. Every basic hunting course teaches against it and anyone with a lick of common sense would realize it's a dumb idea.