View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:57 PM

I have heard a few more details on this case from a reliable source. Don't quote me on this but this is what I heard. After Mr. Knight chased the thief with his car and the quad went into the ditch, the guy took off running across the field and apparently lost his shoes. By the time the thief got across the field he was pretty well frozen and Mr. Knight's neighbor picked him up in his pickup. The thief was cooperative now and wanted to be rescued and stank of booze. The neighbor drove around to where Mr Knight was and got out to talk to him with the thief still in the truck. The guy slid accross the seat and took off with the pickup but lost control and hit the ditch.

My question is: Was the thief charged with dangerous driving, or impaired driving, or was he given a breathalizer? Or just attempted theft. The RCMP found it necessary to charge Mr. Knight with dangerous driving as well as everything else. Seems like the RCMP wanted to throw all these charges on the victim here.

I think the least we can do is throw our support behind Mr. Knight and give him half a chance to defend these charges in court. Maybe he slipped and the shotgun discharged accidentally. Accidents happen...
I am going to give Mr. Knight any benefit of the doubt, not the thief.
My donation is on the way.

Last edited by AxeMan; 04-07-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spellinzs