View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I had to lend my rifle to the vice president of a well known gun manufacturer while in the Yukon. He didnt do his paperwork properly and was denied bringing his rifle into Canada.

He took my rifle and was being guided by Jim Shockey.

After the hunt ended, I was on the dock to help them unload and see how it went.

Then this VP comes up.to me complaining that my rifle was garbage/inaccurate etc. etc.....apparently he hit a caribou in the ass, a wolf in the guts and needed 4 shots to put his moose down......hmmm. I was thinking " what did this dink do to my rifle???"

Just so happens I was heading to the gravel pit later with Eva Shockey to sight in her new rifle. I took my rifle with us.

Eva put a small empty water bottle up at 100yds. I shot two holes in it, both holes touching. Eva says "do that to MY rifle!!!!"

Absolutely nothing wrong with my gun. We sighted in Eva's rifle and headed back.

Eva and I walked into Wojo's office and I put the waterbottle on Wojo's table as he and Jim were debriefing........Jim smirked and commented that this guy couldnt shoot worth beans.
Was that the 30-06? As I recall it was a shooter!