View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=ali#1;2344753]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
I believe you are a child of God. What you have to say about that is only important to you.

I believe I am a child of my parents and nothing more, You believe whatever you want but leave me out of it.

Ah.......but is a book of history. Even an agnostic historian would agree to that. What you think is irrelevant.

What history has been proven by the bible? none they have been looking for centuries and can't find one shread of evidence to say any of it happened.

Your reasoning is two-faced. Are you quoting Jesus? The fairy tale you speak of, spoke these words? Or are you mocking the words that predict the faithful will be mocked? You have fulfilled the prophecy.

I am pointing out that you guys pick and choose what you already believe and ignore the rst, If you want to show me that the bible is moral and superior to what I think then the entire bible is up for debate not what parts you follow and leave the rest out of it.

History would prove you wrong. A secular government does not guarantee success or freedom. Your thinking somehow in Canada that a Church would form the government (you said you don't want a return to that)? Really? Do you have any problems with elected officials being affiliated with a religion? If you do, that is a problem you will have to endure because you are but one vote.

look upon my ancestral homeland of Ireland to see how great the government is when the church runs the state, the irish were and still are below dogs to the brits and why is that ? because they are mostly catholic and the British are mostly Anglican. look at how well the countries of Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are for personal freedoms the most religious countries in the world. religion negates freedom in a society and it's part of the reason why the Jefferson and Washington put in a wall of separation.

Now that right there comes out of a mouth who is denial or knows nothing about archeological findings.

prove it.

The age of our planet is unknown to me. Tell me how old it is in an un-mocking intelligent manner. We await your wisdom on how "you" certainly know and understand the complexities of this not so easy question. An answer that says you know the earths age, not how old it isn't, is an acceptable response. In the end, I won't accept or deny anything you say......because you, nor I, know the answer.

The age of the planet isn't a mystery it's over 4.5 billion years old, Almost every archeologist and biologist in the world agrees. It's not 6000 years old because it's written in the bible. Im not an expert at archeology but I have faith that the people educated in it know what they are talking about and they are not all wrong. the world is round too we can prove that but for centuries the church said it was flat and that the earth rotated around the sun, If I want science il go to a scientist instead of believing a church.
You shouldn't go inside my paragraphs and write into them. It messes things up.

It appears that your definition of history does not measure up to that found in a simple dictionary. History is a recording of events. Do you refute the existence of any people mentioned in the bible? No scholar refutes the person of Jesus. Yet somehow you refute everything as fairy tail......as in Aesop's Fables.

You can't go into the Bible and use it against believers. That is laughable. But go ahead and cherry-pick your verses.

How about those child sacrifices? Have you found any yet? Or are you dropping that lie?

You don't get that man is to blame for all his tribulations. The Catholic/Protestant problem in Ireland isn't God's fault. Personal ambition, greed and lust for power befalls all men. You're beloved secularism is no cure.

You want me to prove archeological findings in the middle east have been found ? I've been there. So have others. There are pictures in books for crying out loud. You spend too much time reading the bible.......pick up some other books.

I asked you tell us how old the earth is, not how old it isn't. You failed at that. Archeologists and biologists are not the guys who tell us the age of the earth and universe. It's geologists and astronomers. I guess all your archeologist and biologist buddies strung you a line. I asked you not to say how old the earth wasn't.........big fail. You know no better than I how old the earth is.. At least I claimed not to know.