View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Yes you are Ali....just the same as others do when it comes to homsexuals.

Now... I do not expect you to fully understand this because you are not a Christian yourself but here goes.

The Bible is not a literal book of instructions to be dissected and put under a microscope to find the hidden messages.
It is an oral history... recorded and transcribed within the context of the time and of the people who did that....several times.

The messages are not hidden... they are revealed for all to see within the spirit and intent of the whole document.

Twisting and cherry picking by Christians and non Christians alike is no different than what fundimentalist Mulslims do.
Its being technically correct on a point by point basis while missing the story and the greater message being conveyed.

Regardless of what might be attributed to individuals within the Bible the main messages and the ones we are to take to heart are peace, love, forgiveness understanding, compassion and forgiveness.
THAT is fundimental Christianity... not the scrupulous nit picking and disection and twisting that we normally call fundimentalist.

We are to embrace sinners and hope that they find their way to Christ... not shun them and condemn them to damnation.

Now that this discussion has been reduced to Bible bashing, cherry picking and over simplification of the whole... I leave you all on equal footing as I see it... to your own devices.
I believe Susan b Anthony said it best.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.