View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
...... that a personal finance course is not mandatory in grade 12 to graduate. Prove me wrong.
Could not agree more.

When my wife and I decided to marry (I was 27, she was 25), the church said a marriage course was mandatory. At least they gave us choice; one three day weekend through social services or a 10 week course through the church, once per week, 3 hrs. We took the weekend. 10 couples, two couples were over 22, all the rest under. No concept of money, how to manage it etc.

Then a couple of years ago, my daughter (married, 1 child) asked me what I thought of the offer her car dealer had just given her. She and her husband had bought a brand new vehicle 3 years earlier (against my advice), were just about to make their last payment, and the dealer offered to buy the vehicle back for a song(very low mileage), give them a new one, same model, but they only had to commit to 8 more years of the same payments they had already just made. She was sold on it, but because of the stink I had made in the first place, she wanted to know what I thought. It took all I had to convince her how stupid that was!!!!

Vic