View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 250 View Post
He pulls off the same thing on the other boards that he frequents, always telling everyone how wrong they are.
Fortunately many, many people over the years have thanked me for correcting wrong information.

To say that I'm always telling people how wrong they are is totally incorrect. If I've made it a point to highlight a mistake then it's because the person is wrong. Luckily, resource users know the laws pretty well so I don't "tell EVERYONE how wrong they are!"

I could easily stay off these forums and let people continue to think they are stating fact or worse, someone who doesn't know better, take that wrong information as fact. But that's not how I roll.

Whether it's a phone call to the office, coffee shop banter or internet forums, education is education. If I see something wrong, I'll try to fix it. I want to make sure that people are getting the right information and from a credible source. Not an opinion from anonymous internet cowboys who could care less if they steer people wrong.

Whether you agree with me is immaterial. My contributions to outdoor forums with reference to real or legal situations are supported by the laws that govern our resources. While there may be reference to some fish by a local name in the recreational fishing guides, regulatory language speaks to the legally recognized name; walleye, northern pike, the trouts, perch, whitefish, etc. Tight lines!