View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Malt View Post
Hey all,

I have been involved in this debate before and have followed this one as well. I still feel, as many others have stated, that this is an APOS driven initiative to further limit resident hunting. I
I guess the thing to remember is that there are three options on the table, I definitely wouldn't say two of them benefit or disadvantage outfitters anymore than residents and the third would only benefit them if they did not see a similar 50% reduction in allocations like residents would face. There's alot of information missing in the three proposals to allow anyone to make an informed decision right now. We need a lot more answers to questions. I'd also like to know why the numbers used to predict wait times in a potential draw were so sugar coated. SRD did not paint an accurate picture of a draw scenario...far from it actually. And, they have not indicated if outfitter allocation numbers would be reduced by a similar percentage if residents go on draw. We need to keep asking why they used the numbers they did and what will happen to outfitter allocations if resident opportunity is reduced 50%. It's unfortunate that outfitter allocations will we set before a decision is made regarding changes to sheep hunting as one has such a profound impact on the other.