View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:02 AM

Default OHV Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post
I won't deny that logging, oil and gas companies do their share of damage.
Many of them also employ people so they can pay mortgages, put food on the table, buy clothes for their kids, etc.

What benefits do OHV's provide besides making a lot of money for a few dealerships that sell them.

15,000-25,000 OHV owners ( probably a very low estimate) and you're trying to tell me they do no damage to the environment

What ever happened to the days where we walked a cut line or rode a horse to areas that can now be reached with quads and side by sides?

Pip .. Again, let's try and think it through a bit. Work with me here, I know it may be hard for you. How do you link Quad Owners to recreational use ? How many of those quad owners are the farmers you mentioned ?! Of course, use of a quad only on private land means it does NOT have to be insured or registered.... But many do. I have four quads ! But a couple almost never go outside my farm / acreage . I have one 1995 quad with about 3000 miles on it. Let's see....that is about 150 miles per year ! That is about 25 miles per month for six months (rideable months). That is about 1, 12 mile ride (round trip) per month for let's say a weekend outing .... Like many busy folks ! Really ?! Wow ! So much damage ! Now my 2006 Polaris 500 has more miles ! Because it is my main hunting and fishing and recreational Quad. Most miles put on during hunting. And I get my Elk almost every year.... Use my quad to get to where I want to go in evenings then walk and bugle. Walk many miles in morning. Use it to haul out game with my trailer, via cut lines. Still lots of animals out there, bush is in great shape ! Of course, one of my favourite spots was completely logged out last year in the saddle hills. No more Elk or Quad Trails there !! Am scared of what I will find up there this year ! Pip, can you provide me your number so I can call you to haul out my Elk with your horses next time I get one ? LOL. Please...... Get off your high horse and think.