Thread: Sako vs Tikka
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Default Sako / Tikka

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
Tikkas tend to be good shooters but the quality is not there. They feel like a plastic toy, the action is stiff, and there are ongoing issues with mechanical failure and broken parts. Most buyers are focussed on the price and light weight.

Get a Sako 85 or the older 75 in your hands and you will quickly recognize the difference without even firing a shot. The action is silky, smooth, and they shoot very well. My only complaint is the flimsy, flexible stocks used on the Finlights and Stainless models.

Dont buy the synthetic model if you dont like the plastic, thats why I bought my T3's in the laminate stainless. I waited the extra year for the LS models to come out. Preferred the Sako Greywolf but they were not going to be out till late 2004 or early 2005. Thats why when I reccomend Tikka T3..I say go for the LS model, but if you can find a used Sako m75 ss or Greywolf - go with that. My T3's LS are great shooters (both 270WSM's). I do not care for the plastic clip either, but its functional. No problems ever with my bolt or performance of my rifles. Slicky smooth action. If you remove the bolt and turn it...it locks up like its in the action and you either need to have the tool like Sako gives to dismantle the bolt for cleaning or be very strong in turning it back over so you can slide it back into the receiver.

As for Sako m75 stocks for the Synthetic models, there is no comparison to the Tikka sythetics. Had my Sako m75ss 300WM for ten years now along with a buddy that bought one at the same time (who was going to get a Browning SS-and sure glad he never did)

bradh, here are pics of my 2 Sako m7 Greywolfs - 300WSM with 4.5-14x40 VX3 Leupold in gunmetal grey with Sako Opilok rings & bases, the other is my custom in 338-06AI with Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 in gunmetal grey with new style Sako Optilok rings with a new #5 PacNor barrel, fluted and barrel and other components powder coated to match the scope. You will not be dissapointed with your new rifle.