View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I never said the flu was deadlier than covid, I simply posted an article that states the common flu and covid 19 have similar death rates, it’s right there in the article, I never made it up. I also have been saying from the start that the difference between the two is the infection rate. Another thing I’ve been saying is that some people get their flu shot every year, most are the “vulnerable” population so that would be a factor in the lower transmission rate of the flu.If it was and even playing field between the two I think the transmission rate would be closer as well.

They say by June we should be looking better as most viruses seem to run for 18 months or so. I’m not waiting for a vaccine shot, I’m just going to be aware until this thing runs it’s course.
If the article said that, it was wrong. The math doesn't support that. In any context, or in any measurement whatsoever.

Either way, doesn't really matter, there is so much trash out there in media you have to basically fact check everything - it's getting ridiculous that none of can trust any source out there. Crazy world.

As far as this virus and an 18 month life cycle, I haven't heard that, but I hope that's the case.

Most viruses continue to mutate, Covid included, and they generally become less deadly over time (generally).

Less people that are being infected are dying, which could be that, or the fact that doctors are better at treating it based on what they are learning - or, most likely a combination of the two.

If there's a vaccine that comes out, and it's been properly tested and deemed safe, I have no issue taking it. The risk of the vaccine hurting you is likely less than the potential of a severe outcome contracting Covid.

I guess we will cross that hurtle when the time comes and make a decision.