Thread: Rabbit hunting
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:07 PM

ECO....
Now that most of legal stuff has been covered, you might find that hunting rabbits in the summer is or could be tougher then in the winter. Personally I have had my best luck in the winter when there is no leaves on the under brush. It just makes it a lot easier to find them. Try around sloughs and swamp areas, they generally like to hang out in that think willow stuff but can also be seen through out just about any wooded area. Find some tracks and you'll find rabbits sooner or later. Often, after they have been spooked they will take off but not excessive distances. Spring can be a great time as well when we don't get a lot of snow and we get a fast melt. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Just look fo the little white balls on the forest floor. my best day with my bow was 19. If you do choose to go at it with a crossbow, good for you and good luck, if you choose another way, well good for you good luck!