View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
I think in many ways..this is what they want....TROUT is the favoured son of alberta....anything else is a kinda a black sheep.

I looked at some old pics and even though i have old pics of 5 gallon buckets full of rmw.....i dont see any rmw like the huge ones with the 1/2 inch up turned snouts we see today.
I also looked at some old b/w pics of bulltrout and they make our bulls today look like a ethiopian poster child.

Im no scientist...all i have for you is what ive seen
I concur,, the limit size now for a keeper proved that the fish do get up there in size and girth,, we just assumed they maxxed at 12 with the rare occurance of bigger because that's what we could keep,, a portuguese friend liked the smallies because he could do them up like portuguese bbq'd smelts. Same goes for Walleye,, I need to get a scanner and upload old pics to explain how walleye were more rounded with big backs and guts and less lythe like we see now. And there were more classic rainbows, more speckles and rich rainbow colours as opposed the chromes that seem to be abundant now.