View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideload View Post
real nice job now i want to build one a have holiday trailer gutted and is somewhat finnished but too big to take everywhere . for you guys that dont have the time check out
http://www.niceshack.com
These are very cool but 2500.00 is way out of my price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Thanks Sparky, BBJ, and others. I could have went and bought a 4 man ice cube for probably cheaper, and it would be lighter, easier to sled, and in some way's they're much better.

However, although I work in the construction industry, I don't get much opportunity to get my hands dirty and physically build somthing myself. This has been a fun project. For work, I do problem solving whether it's constructability issues, contractural issues, or people issues. It has been fun to problem solve for myself and plan.

Got the bottoms of both panels painted today. I'll let them dry overnight with the heaters on, and then work on the canvass hopefully tommorrow.

I'd say I'm 70% done. Could have done more today, but still not feeling 100% from last night and felt like vegging a bit.

Once that's done I'll have to build a sled if I want to go to spray lakes or somewhere like that. Anyone been ice fishing on the Kananaskis lakes?

To be honest, only place I've ever gone ice fishing is Pine Lake because it was so close to the farm. Maybe once or twice to sylvan or Gull, but I would have been a kid.
Thanks for taking time to post all the pics and info. Most people dont take pride in building things for themselves. Glad to see it when someone still does. My wife bought me a cube last year for christmas so i cant justify building the whole shack but after seeing this I am going to build a floor for it.