View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Anytime a new firearm is purchased, it gets written down in the store records, which they are required to keep by law. The police are not allowed to waltz directly in and look at them, they first need a warrant. So it is a matter of a few hours and they can then waltz in. If anyone thought that the registry and all its data was gone, think again. Quebec for one still has all the info. And every gun purchased is still recorded. And should confiscation become a reality, you will not be able to simply say that you sold all of your firearms. There is technology that can detect trace amounts of gunpowder and explosive residue, even if you had contact with said materials several days prior.

All that aside, I still happily purchase firearms on occasion..
Of all of the firearms that I still own, I believe two were purchased when the registration was in place, so for the most part, the RCMP have no clue as to which firearms I have in my possession.

Quote:
Waiting for the flood of SKS's to hit the market in light of this news.
Apparently I made a good decision to sell my non restricted ACR before the Federal election. I solid it for a profit, and now the prices will likely plummet.