View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:24 AM

Attached is a picture of the unpainted motor mount without the wood pieces. I also attached a rough sketch with some dimensions. The one change I would make would be to have the extension for the anchor stop further to the port side to provide a bit more clearance between the bottom of the Scotty mount and the top of the pontoon. If anyone is thinking of doing something similar and would like higher res pictures, just PM me and let me know what details you are looking for.

I agree that the oars on framed pontoon boats are more effective than the Scout's. I find the Scout oars adequate for short moves around a lake and certainly better than swim fins alone. I don't think I would want to cross Police Outpost with the Scout oars alone when the wind is blowing though! I'll use the Minn Kota for prairie lakes that size.

Since I don't intend using the motor for trolling, I figure I saved 20 - 30 lbs by going with the smaller 35 A-hr battery. I think I should be able to get over an hour's use of the motor by only using speeds 1 to 3. The output of the 5 speeds isn't linear. Below is data another website and is apparently from Minn Kota. The thrust values seem broadly consistent with my experience.

Speed Amps Thrust
1 8 4
2 10 6
3 14 10
4 20 15
5 30 30
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Mount unpainted.JPG (94.8 KB, 118 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5-1 Scout PVC Motor Mount 2017 May.pdf (364.8 KB, 49 views)