View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default What is a bag of loot?

A bag of loot could be a week, or a month, or maybe a year I spent away from my friends and family working. A bag of loot could be someone's grandmothers heirloom jewelry that's been in the family for a hundred years or more. A bag of loot could be a rifle that's been handed down from my grandfather. A bag of loot could be that last shred of security that has now been stolen from you. For some people these things come and go quite easily, for others they do not.

I agree with you Jamie. I don't think I could kill someone just for stealing some of my stuff, but I don't think I could let them walk away either. And one thing I know for sure, I damn well wouldn't convict this guy if I was sitting on the jury.

Not sure if many people here remember the case of Shand King here in Edmonton. He owned/owns Audio 5.1 a high end audio store. He had problems with guys breaking into his store and stealing stuff. He did everything the police recommended, bars, posts, surveillance, lighting etc. yet the breakins continued. Meanwhile his insurance rates were skyrocketing, threatening his very livelihood. He waited at the store and sure enough when someone crashed an Explorer through the front of his store the would be burglar got shot. The police gave the thief a full pardon in exchange for his testimony against Shand King. I am not sure how the case turned out, but either way the store owner was victimized repeatedly by thieves and then by the justice system.

I think we should all have the right to protect our lives, livelihood and property.

Just my 2 cents.