View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If you go guided in Wyoming can you still just buy the tag through the outfitter without points, or are they on points now too. Miss the days when it was just an over the counter tag in Wyoming and Montana, guided or DIY.
Everyone is on points. Biggest benefit of outfitters is they have access to locked up land in the areas you can draw with 0 pref points.

As has been mentioned, and made me think of this thread again, spoke to a contact in WY whom ive arranged trespass fee access with in the past (and a couple new ones he suggested that he is friends with in different 0 pref point areas) and across the board everyone I spoke to has said the herds were decimated. Comments like as "see as many antelope in a month now as i used to in an afternoon" type of thing. Would suggest to anyone thinking about to consider holding off for a few years if you truly want the best quality hunt. Or go and give er, you'll still get a goat im sure but it might be slim pickings. Long way to drive for a 65" buck lol.