View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 08:12 PM

Just another stupid rule to add to the Alberta Fishing Regulation PHONEBOOK!!! Check out the regs on Sylvan Lake for the closure of the Noglenwald (sp) area over to the beach for the first part of the season. Even if you have lived here for 10 years it's still confusing on what the hell they mean. Plus the are is one of the only spots on the lake where you can stay out of the wakeboard chop.

I personally find fishing in Alberta to be border line stressful. If you want to go out for the day who wants to read and remember all the tedious rules or fear that you might get caugth in a closed area, with a slot limit fish, or now heaven forbid fishing after dusk.

I've fished most of Canada now with the exception of a few far Easten Provinces and it's nothing like here at all. Go online and download the Manitoba of Saskatchewan fishing Regs for 2010 and you will quickly see how much easier they are to read and follow. Sure they don't have the river systems like we do to regulate but at least all the seasons for Walleye, Pike, Lakers etc are common for a wide area not lake specific like they are here.

In my opinion the regulations here are overkill and don't really help sportfishing that much.