View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:10 PM

Not sure what being a sammi specked cartridge has to do with it but here you go
Case is a lapua 220 Russian , fireformed to a 6 ppc
Primer is fed match 205 (thin cup) and on occasion a cci (thicker cup)
Current brass I brought home from competition had approx 700 firings on 20 pieces of brass, so average of 35 firings ,all well over the book max load
No primer flow , no blown or flat/deformed primers , no loose pockets , no split necks and no “base datem expansion” , the brass doesn’t click on opening and I never had any hard bolt lift, Have had brass go over a 100 firings in testing ,
Again I can not speak for long range load development as it’s a different animal but, as you went after a 6 ppc a short range cartridge I will respond
Your load development as it pertains to short range (that would be 0-300 yards) is very flawed,
You have made it clear that you dislike competition and can’t understand the mentality of it however , everything, wether it’s guns ,cars ,boats , planes or technology , ultimately competition proves out the best theories and systems,
All we want to do is see how our theories and practices stack up against the best their is I’m not sure why you think that’s a bad thing