View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I have followed this thread from the beginning. I must say that I find it interesting that one contributor seemingly refuses to be open to anything that nationally ranked shooters have to say about load development.

I also find it interesting that in all the many images posted, there always seem to be "fowlers" and "sighters". Hmmm.

Finally, drawings don't impress me. Results do. I think I know whose posts I am gleaning info from.

Justsayin...
I think I know who you are referring to by this comment, "I must say that I find it interesting that one contributor seemingly refuses to be open to anything that nationally ranked shooters have to say about load development."
I find that rather amusing as I have seen nothing about what these people do differently than I, with my Varmint rifle, only that what I am doing is very flawed with no explanation. Could that be partly due to the fact that the loads used in competition have been developed for their particular cartridge by someone else quite some time ago?
These loads were developed by me for this one cartridge and compiled a few years back. I have likely that many more to add that shoot sub 1/2 MOA. See if you can glean any info from that.
[IMG][/IMG]

As far as your ridiculous comment about 'fowlers" and "sighters" I guess you don't know that they are quite different from "fliers". I suppose you are trying to draw attention away from the 5 shot, 1/3MOA, groups for whatever reason. This has been discussed before and I have explained my position, as you surly have noticed, but I will explain it again. I do not have the luxury of changing a lot of targets as I am dependent on my wife or good friends to do that. I am not in competition so shooting a fowler or sighter, on a target on which I plan to use the sighters as targets, is OK by my rules. Oh! BTW the grey circles above the red diamonds are intended for sighters.

I really expected more from someone who I believe is billed as a Moderator on this forum but then I am certainly not surprised. Justsayin......

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
This drawing shows that the 40 grain Berger is not a great fit but it did help me find a load that shoots quite good in spite of the 0.075" jump to the lands. My drawings also tell me that it is impossible to get to the lands, with this bullet, in a 20 VT, 20 tac or 204R but it reached the lands in my 20 Practical.
[IMG][/IMG]
This drawing is title 40 V-max but is the 40 Berger:
[IMG][/IMG]
The 55 Berger fit much better, to the lands but would not fit in a Saami magazine , although that was not a concern in the Single shot Savage.
The drawing helped to find the Max Safe Potential of the 20 Practical which is Practically the same as the 20 EXTREME, with these components, only not as efficient
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Notice I did shoot the cold bore shot on a separate target as I had a spare.
[IMG][/IMG]
My drawings also have helped me to develop Good loads for many other cartridges, of which I have many, like this one for a 223.
[IMG][/IMG]

I could go on for days but hopefully you have the message by now and will refrain from making posts that add nothing to the thread in the future. If you have something intelligent to add I will certainly be open to learn from it.