View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;3675359]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lclund1946 View Post
I must have leaned quite a lot as I really do know how to fire form brass and use multiple methods of developing loads. In fact I have devised a method of forming brass, to new brass specification, everywhere except the neck to shoulder area with a set of custom dies. My reamers are specked to form a chamber fit of 0.001" at the base datum, 0,0015" at the shoulder and about 0.003" at the neck. As well the dies are cut such that expander balls or bushings are not required to get a 0.003" neck tension if the neck is turned to spec. If I want less neck tension I use an expander ball that expands the neck by 0.001" or turn the neck slightly below spec with out the expander. This method was created by me as was my method of using a Pressure Ladder which works very well when developing "Good Safe Loads" with a multitude of components.

I certainly have not condemned HW223's methods, none of them are his anyway and certainly nothing was created by him. However he seems to take every opportunity to try to make out like I know nothing as I do not go to competitions. He does not know a thing about what I am doing yet he tells me that my components are not up to spec and that my methods suck in spite of the fact that many of my loads shoot Sub 1/3 MOA from my varmint rifles without the benefit of Tony Boyer's fine tuning method. Does he have to be reminded that I am using a Stock CZ 527 without any modifications except for a chambered, or factory re-chambered barrel. Dies he have to be reminded that I shoot from a Bi-Pod if I can get my wheelchair up to a bench. Perhaps he can tell us how much he has invested in rifle, rests and scope? Maybe if I had those components to work with and a healthy body perhaps I would be shooting one hole groups? Is that what he is afraid of or does he have to run someone down just to make himself feel superior???

As for yourself you have never created anything and have been ****ed at me every since I warned people about the potentially dangerous load you posted in your beloved 20 Tactical. You choose to ignore pressure tested loads in the Ramshot Manual, showing RS X-Terminator getting the 39 BK to 3700 fps, but generating 63,000PSI. I tried to explain that your RL 10 X load would put out more pressure than RS X-Terminator, as I had extensive experience with both, and that your 3900 fps load would likely be unsafe on hot days under sustained fire. I offered you a chance to get together to compare your load to those in my 20 EXTREME and 20 Tactical over the same chronograph and comparing case measurements. Instead of taking me up on my offer you picked your personal attacks on me. You have never reported on how the 20 Tactical performed, with that load, on a hot day in the gopher patch. In fact you never seem to talk much about the beloved 20 Tac or the 20 Tactical at all. However you still try to make out that I claimed that your Cooper magazine would not hold your loaded round which was not true at all as I know it would. If you can find where I stated that please cut and paste it. However, like other things you claim I said about you, it is not true and you will have no luck proving it.

You claim that you know about Saami specs yet you continue to make claims that manufacturers alter Saami chambers. You really have no idea about FreeBore or Throat Dimensions otherwise you would know that the Kindler designs have the same throat dimensions as the 204R which was designed to run about 0.2000" jump to the lands with 0.001" FB as the overbore case required to be set up like a Wheatherby. Todd Kindler moved the shoulder back on a 223 R case and Shortened FB to just under 0.0050" FB in an attempt to get the 33 V-Max to fit. However it is still likely running close to 0.1000" off the lands when seated just into the neck. The 39/40 grain bullets seat further down into the neck but get no closer to the lands unless they are nearly falling out the neck. If they are seated to Saami Magagine length, of 2.26" OAL, the heavy bullets seat into case and now that Dakota Brass is not available anymore the Lapua 223 M brass is having donut problems and need s to be turned. Why is it that these bullets, including the 55 Berger, fit perfectly in in the neck of my 20 EXTREME and fit in a Saami magazine when seated to the lands or up to 0.050". off ??? Well if you had paid attention, instead of ridiculing me, you would have learned the answer to that. Perhaps you did and have come to the conclusion , as I, that my design is in fact superior but choose to ignore that and continue to try to undermine me.

I did not develop all of these loads but I know quite a lot more about these cartridges than you give me credit for. Try and pick out the superior loads as per fit to the lands and efficiency.

The fact is that the manufacturers do make rifles with chambers that vary from the SAAMI specs, especially where the throat length is concerned. Anyone with any experience knows that you have to measure the distance to the lands with every different rifle, custom or factory , because as much as you would like this distance to be the same it is not the same. There is a reason that fireformed cases will not fit in every rifle chambered for that cartridge, the reason being that the chamber dimensions do vary from rifle to rifle despite the SAAMI standards. Despite the fact that you claimed that my loads will not fit the magazine of my rifle, because your drawing says that they won't, they do in fact fit just fine, because the manufacturer of my magazine chose not to make the magazine to SAAMI specs. I even posted pictures that proved this, but of course you just chose to ignore the proof and resort back to your SAAMI drawings . As to your pressure estimates, they are estimates based on your precious drawings, but being as how the dimensions vary, from rife to rifle, you have no way of knowing how accurate your estimates are. As for my own load, I have actual experience with my load, using my rifle, and my components, whereas you have only your theory based on your diagrams, which don't agree with the dimensions of the chamber in my rifle, as proven by the distance to the lands measured in my rifle.
Once again, myself and several other forum members form our opinions based on actual results , rather than on drawings, so our opinions will vary from yours. It's no different on the other forums that you used to post on, it seemed to be your drawings and theories against everyone else's actual results, and there were constant arguments as long as you were allowed to post on those forums.
It doesn't seem to matter that I did not claim that your load would not fit in the magazine of your rifle. I know that Cooper makes the longer magazine??? I said it would not fit in a Saami specked magazine but you choose to believe what you conjure up in your convoluted mind.

As well manufacturers do make chambers that vary from Saami Specs but they are not allowed to mark them with any Saami speced designation. Saami specked

Dimensions do change from rifle to rifle in Saami Speced chambers, even throats although they are specked the same but this is due to the tolerances shown on the Saami drawings. All Saaami chambers have to be done within those tolerances and if you have one chamber cut even 0.002" longer than one with minimum HS it will not fit. HS tolerances are usually about 0.005" from a Go gauge to a No Go gauge and this is why one may not fit in the other. Dimensional tolerances are 0.002" on Saami drawings if you would actually look and recognize what you are seeing. Wildcat cartridges have very similar tolerances as well so a case fired in one may not fit in another chamber. I just measured a 7mm -08 case that I fire formed to the chamber in my Rem 700 Varmint which I used to fire brass for every 7mm-08 that I loaded for, which was a considerable number. Even after a few neck sizing's and loaded to a Saami specked Load it measures just over max cartridge specs but less than Saami Minimum Chamber so I guess I had a "Good Safe Load" that shot 1/3 MOA in most of these rifles.
[IMG][/IMG]

Saami Pressures can all be estimated by measuring the PR on a Factory fired case, which is usually smaller than a FL sizing die and quite a bit under Saami Minimum chamber. I really don't know why you can't seem to get this through your head.

A number of people on the other forum you mention were just as thick headed as the one calling himself stubblejumper who always joined in as you do. When I had had enough of them posting pictures of retarded children, etc, in reference to me, and the moderator chose to take their side I kind of told him where to go. That is why I am not allowed to post anymore but it was my choice. You can go back there and you will find , just as on this forum, that I have never been disrespectful in any way posted to derail a thread.

Last edited by lclund1946; 11-25-2017 at 03:49 PM.