Thread: Cold Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmountainrider View Post
Great fish, I think I would have kept it too. I would have been very proud. Thoughts: 40-50 years of breeding sounds to me like its genetics would be in those waters and how good is it for the fish to come up from 90' of water. I know that we try to fish in less than 20' for Walleye so they don't get hurt when we release them. Does that mean we are gambling on if this fish will live? Does a big fish have a better breeding chance up a small stream than a smaller one? I'm saddened by the Negativity but it has brought me to some questions? does anyone have some factual based answers? any biologists?
Lake trout can burp themselves and actually do just fine being released after coming up 100 feet ....anyone who has seen a lake trout chase a hook on a flasher can confirm that lake trout can cover 100 FOW in seconds wust hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers View Post
Lake trout dont spawn up small streams, they do the deed in the lake.
Anyone express there thoughts / concerns to the people who make decisions or just throw their gripe on here and hope they read it?
I was just going to post asking this question does anyone know who or how we can contact about these types of changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McShaft View Post
I heard from a guy at work who knows the gentleman that caught this monster. He told me that by the time he got this fish out of the hole it was puking and ****ting everywhere and was not going to make it. Might as well keep it...definately should have mounted it though. You dont catch these everyday.
Puking and crapping is all part of the fish burping itself ....does not make it a death sentance.