Thread: Caution GFW
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 08:31 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Please stop with this 18% fee nonsense.

- 11% commission
- 0% loss on exchange rate. Today US$1 = $1.33. It's not $1.33 minus 5% of that = $1.26.
- $1 per pelt drumming
- $12 shipping for an unlimited number of pelts (not sure if it applies to depot drop offs)

Saying that Trappers will lose $18 on $100 at auction is ridiculous.
My bad on the drumming. Too bad Marky doesn’t/didn’t clear the air for us, was a very willing participant here a short time ago.

Exchange rate... I guess you are unaware of the dollars lost in the exchange. You see, Davey my 2nd goodest friend, the sales are conducted in US dollars, and that when a bank exchanges US dollars for Canadian, they will take some $$$ in the exchange, thus exchange rate loss. When NAFA would exchange our US dollars, they would take about 2%, a very fair exchange rate but yes, an exchange rate loss.

That is what I mean about exchange rate loss.

Seems extremely difficult to get a handle on the charges administered at FHA, and I don’t see the “exchange rate” thingy listed anywhere, why would it be. My source was a past FHA employee who stated a 5% exchange rate for Canadian trappers on another thread on another forum. He should know, he worked for them for many years. 5% does seem very excessive... not Davey??? Or is it all good and you would be ok if it was even higher?

So let’s say 17% then? 16.5%?