View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

For me personally it was a no brainer, I was raised in a Lund. My father bought his first Lund back in about 1975, just a little 14' fishing tub. We fished that boat for years.. Now we were not exactly your typical family, my father loved fishing and hunting he lived for it, and he being a logger had most of his summers off. We fished that boat from Babine lake in northern B.C. rite through to the coast and every pot hole in between. We lived in north east A.B. and spent every non working weekend wich was most out on lakes like Beaver, Touchwood, Heart and many others I would honestly hate to guess the hrs on that boat. And that boat still remains in the family, one of my brothers own it and it is used as a quad in boat on a small trailer. That boat is still solid as the day she was new, no kidding...
Next when my father retired in 1984 he bought a 16' Lund Pike, you know the style with the side console and pedistall seats, Lund was actually one of the first to come out with the style, well like I said he bought it when he retired. That man basically lived in that boat till he past away in 95. My parents spent half their time out on the west coast and half back home in A.B. that boat lived through 4 engines and still has a 30 HP Yammy on the back this I know because I own the boat now, father wanted me to have it when he past. Let me be the first to tell you that boat is as solid today as the day she was bought not a leak or a loose rivet in her. That boat seen more fish hit the bottom of it than most 20 boats in the country. My sons still use that boat its now been past on to them to use. I am quite picky with my new one so thay use the old Lund for their outings with freinds.

So you see for me it was a no brainer Lund boats have served my family for over 30 years and like I said we still have the first one and it is solid. When I went and invested in a new boat there was no doubt in what to buy, oh I looked at the rest but came coming back to the best... If you noticed I said "invest" because thats what you do when you buy a Lund, you invest in the future...

Just my thoughts on the matter.