Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
You're not listening to me either that or you refuse to hear or see what I'm putting in print.

Are there any non resident mule deer licenses in Alberta?

If government waits till none are left then they're abandoning their responsibility to manage the resource effectively. If they feel the population is in danger, they can restrict or curtail Rights based harvesting RIGHT NOW.

I do not know how much clearer I can make this point. I've said it in at least three posts already. The Alberta government can take action RIGHT NOW, if they feel the mule deer population is in a conservation crisis.

The other option is to open up the Treaties and that would require a Constitutional amend and there's a formula for that. I believe 70 percent of the provinces plus the federal government would have to agree, perhaps you should raise it with your MP to see what his appetite is to do so. The Indians have no control over opening up the constitution to revisit the Treaties.
The government can shut down hunting all together if they want, but what's that got to do with it? All I'm doing is throwing my opinion out there on treaty rights. I don't agree with the way they're written up. It was written up over 100yrs ago. Do you understand the technological advances over the last century? Heck when I was young we had a colecovision hooked up to a black and white tv as a video game console, two sticks and square that was supposed to be a ball was the extent of the graphics.

Simply put, the treaty is outdated, it does not apply to life in 2013. It's not 1892 anymore!