Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Lol, I can see I've struck a nerve with you. It's not my goal to change the treaty, I have been saying all along that I think it should be updated, meaning amended to modern society.

I realize they are for both sides, I wanted to know if you feel they are reasonable the way they are written? I think they are not, no where near in fact. By the way you've felt the need to explain what you meant by MP leads me to believe this is some new knowledge for you that you'd like to share with us. Be careful what you wish for, people in parliament might figure out it only takes one moose, one elk and one deer to feed a family for a year.
No not really been dealing with folks like you for most my life and I'm still here.

Take your first paragraph, that's pure hypocrisy, you say you don't want to change the Treaty but you want to update or amend. How do you propose to update or amend without changing? By magic?

As for the folks in parliament, I'm sure this is high on their radar and will be right on it as soon as the scandals are settled.

You haven't really answered any of my questions that would lead to a productive discussion. Instead you obfuscate by asking the same question repeatedly.

To answer your question on their reasonableness, no they are not reasonable. The Indians were swindled of this great country in exchange for measly hunting rights and to live on land that is left over.