View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 12:26 PM

I'm reposting my post from a few months ago:

Hey, I'm a new (trying to be) bow hunter. 45 years old and never hunted. Have a good bow and basic gear, but no experience. I live in Calgary and was hoping to harvest a mule deer this season, but if I don't even get a shot off, that would be fine as long as I learn something while I'm out. I can go on weekdays or weekends as I work for myself (as long as wifey approves. Anyone else in a similar work schedule care to let the new guy tag along on a bow hunt? Very new and still learning all the rules - there's a lot!

Passed the new hunter course, and have a bow hunting license. I picked up a "pre-rut buck" 3d target and can pin it in the heart or lungs at 45 yards pretty consistently. I Shoot every day at my place. I had a great time recently out at dragonfly archery on their 3d course and go to Calgary Archery center from time to time. Maybe that would be a good place to meet up and hang out, then plan a day trip hunt or plan to shoot the outdoor 3d course at dragonfly archery or something? That's about the extent of my experience I'm afraid so looking to meet up with some experienced bow hunters.

About me:
45, married, and one kid (1.5 years old - I'm an old dad!).
Rock music/metal
Guitar player
motorbikes (sports bikes or dual sport)
Snowboarding in winter