View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I appologize for adding a non recreational thread but I could not find another appropriate forum about the subject and I know there are probably many people on this forum that are more familiar about the subject than I am.

I am interested in the opinions of people on this forum that are knowledgeable in either ISNetworld or Complyworks or both. My questions is "What are the pro's and con's of each company and should we switch from ISNetworld to Complyworks or to another database company".

Some background info:

Since my retirement 6 years ago, I have worked part time as the safety officer for my son in law's small family trucking company (less than 10 employees). The majority of our business is in the oilfield and construction industry. We have been COR certified for about 6 years. At that time the prime contractor which gave us about 50% of our business requested that we use ISNetworld as a safety database which we joined and maintained including the RAV review. We paid the large annual fee and initially answered about 1500 questions in their database them reanswered all the new questions each quarter. This takes a lot of time to complete. Over 6 years no contractors have ever asked if we were a member of ISNetworld and only one asked if we were a member of complyworks. They were only interested in our COR status and of course our prices. The original prime contractor (ISN client) is now only about 0.2% of our business.
We have heard that Complyworks is easier to use and takes a lot less time and is about 1/3 of the annual cost. We have until next spring when our ISNetworld renewal is due to make a decision.
Are there any other options?
We are not interested in getting a 3rd party company to take over our safety program either.

Thanks in advance.
Sig
I totally feel for you....
The program was created in the US and is non-compliant to AB OH&S. It's a money grab; but, company’s still want to use it as some crippled benchmark. The problem is that you have to develop two safety programs: one for OH&S and one for Complyworks or ISN. IMO, those programs should be eradicated completely and allow B-C, AB, SK and MN OH&S (for example) to develop software which would do the same. This way, you wouldn’t have to come up with 2 manuals and thousands of dollars in yearly membership fees.
The reality is that a lot of business can be done regardless and you have to cater to your custom. That said, if ISN is too expensive and not worth the business it attracts, DUMP IT!