View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I didn’t read any replies so it may have been said but I think this is a no no for older guns, the kind that old guys who wear booger napkins as clothing use.
Just curious, but how old would be too old?

I do a ton of dry firing with my centerfires, I've never had a problem and I feel it can be superior to range time in building up familiarity with a firearm.

Oldest rifles I've dry fired regularly are a Remington 760 from the 50's and a Lee Enfield from the 30's neither rifle has suffered so far. Just wondering what the exact cut off date would be.

Last night I caught a wolf crossing a cutline, he was moving pretty quick and only paused for a moment. He was in the open for less than 5 seconds and my shot opportunity was only a fraction of that. I snapped my rifle up and dropped him on the spot, that's the kind of thing I feel that dry firing is good for. When a shot opportunity is measured in heartbeats everything needs to happen subconsciously, if you need to think about anything its too late.

Last edited by Bushleague; 11-10-2017 at 10:11 AM.