Thread: Pigeon walleye
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Was out again at pigeon this weekend... on the hunt for pike. I tried pike on the fly at a number locations on east side of lake. Best success were the weed beds south of that big rock island... most were small... but good fun kept me busy. Friday night I took Bigjohns advice and headed across the lake for some pike... but just one wally. But wow were there a lot of boats out there at the park.

Saturday around 6pm took my little guy to the point just off silver beach. We only stayed about 15 min. but he caught 5 using a pickerel rig (two at once on one rig actually). One was really nice - 5lbs... always have success there. Clouds became ugly then we headed in.

PP gong show: It helps when people direct traffic there... makes things go smoother and faster. I was at Pine Lake campground a couple years back and a massive wind picked up... huge rollers hitting beach and boat launch. There was such a log jam of boats trying 2-3 times to trailer.. and wind was horrible. After about 5 min of this, about 5 of us got in the water and guided all the boats on their trailers,,. got em hooked, sent em up and waited for next trailer. We were in the water for 40 minutes.

Actually, this Sunday morning I walked down to Mulhurst (I have cabin there) boat launch... had to get wet and help a couple guys put in as waves were very high...

Hope some helps me if I ever needed.