View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
This what i do to and it works awesome. Except after the 100 yard paper looking through bore and matching the crosshair...i shoot at 200 where i'm going to zero and i'm still close enough to walk it in in a few shots.

Little different if you don't have a bolt action then i'll start at 25 yards and start working things out from there. Takes a lot more shots.

Another tip i've found if guys are struggling with groups wandering a bit as they chase the bull of the bull...is to really get a hold of the rifle and mean those shots. Hold it like it's the last gun you'll ever see in your life and someone is trying to take it away from you.

If i'm ***** footing around and allowing too much free recoil i find looser groups and harder to get it zero'd perfect...but as soon as i strangle the gun a bit, both hands, hold harder into the bag or bipod, drive my cheek into the stock a bit more, and shoot like i mean it...groups shrink, and poi is consistent. And with lightweight sporter rifles this makes a noticeable difference for me. Hope that helps.
I will take you up on that advice, Stinky!