View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Benelli Super Vinci or Beretta Xtrema 2 is not a great comparison. Probably a SBEII and Beretta Xtrema 2 or a Benelli Super Vinci and Urika 2 are better comparisons, 3.5" guns or 3" guns.

funny I went thru the same decision making process back in September as I decided after 30 yrs of shooting a pump, time to make a change. I did opt for the AL391 Urika 2, firstly because I have never had a need to shoot 3.5" shells, secondly price difference between the 3.5" / 3" and thirdly cost of shells. My personal preference is a gas operated gun, the gas system in Beretta is exceptional. I do not have the kick off and the recoil is so minimal not sure why one would need. The feel and fit for me in the Beretta felt better, much closer fit to a wingmaster than a benelli.

Beretta AL391 uses an updated gas system referred to as "SPIN-CLEANER SELF-CLEANING VALVE PISTON. In addition to self- cleaning, the Beretta AL391 gas valve provides the advantage of automatically compensating for shot shells with different charges, thereby adjusting for different amounts of recoil. The compensating gas valve is designed to cycle the action reliably (when using a wide variety of shells) and minimize felt recoil. This valve either vents excess gases of the most powerful cartridges, preserving the shotgun from unnecessary wear and increasing its life, or utilizes all the power of the weakest shotshells. The Beretta AL391 series is considered the most advanced gas operated semi- automatic shotgun ever produced.

Having said alllllllll this, I have shot the extremma2 and SBEII. I honestly dont think you can go wrong with either, including the new remington versa max. The maxus from a recoil perspective is exceptional and probably the lightest shooting gun, all the manufacturers make very strong claims as to why their product is superior. based on the current line up, you have some great choices. good luck in your decision. Their should be some great deals out there to be had with birding almost done