Thread: Forum Civility
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:05 PM

Default Forum Civility

I think its important to remember that when you interact with somebody on AO, you're conversing with a real human being who at the end of day is interested in being part of a community of sportsmen. They may not be the most computer savvy or have the strongest language skills but they're here and they just want to be a part of things.

I don't think that its a surprise to anyone that there can be a real sense of mean-spiritedness on here. I'm not saying I haven't ever been 'that guy', I enjoy good banter like most other folks and I cross the line sometimes, but I hate to see guys get jumped on for the tiniest breach of forum etiquette. I know I have been genuinely sorry to have asked a legitimate question before due to some of the responses I received. How many people do you see online every day? How many of them post regularly? The mods run a tight ship, or else this would be much much worse.

To make a long story short, I hate to see a potential long-time contributor shut out because someone is feeling ornery. A man can be made to feel very unwelcome, even if there are no rules being broken